Have you heard about the recent Canton Fair held in China? If you have heard of it, do you know about the Canton Fair? This article will introduce you to the advantages and disadvantages of the Canton Fair, how to search for Canton Fair products and how to participate in the Canton Fair.
I. What is China Import and Export Fair (Canton Fair)?
The China Import and Export Fair, also known as the Canton Fair, was founded in the spring of 1957 and is held in Guangzhou every spring and autumn. The Canton Fair is jointly sponsored by the Ministry of Commerce and the People’s Government of Guangdong Province, and undertaken by the China Foreign Trade Center. The most important international trade event, known as China’s first exhibition, the barometer and vane of China’s foreign trade.
The Canton Fair is the window, epitome and symbol of China’s opening up to the outside world, and an important platform for international trade cooperation. Since its inception, the Canton Fair has gone through ups and downs without interruption. It has been successfully held for 132 sessions. It has established trade relations with 229 countries and regions around the world. The cumulative export turnover is about 1.5 trillion US dollars. The 10 million people have effectively promoted the trade exchanges and friendly exchanges between China and other countries in the world.
The following is the data of previous statistics of the Canton Fair:
II. How to participate in the Canton Fair?
Overseas buyer registration review is now open. To register or verify, please visit https://www.cantonfair.org.cn/register and click “Overseas Buyer Registration”.
To participate in the Canton Fair, you need to hold a Chinese visa and register for a buyer’s card. An invitation from a trade show might help you have both.
With an invitation letter, overseas buyers can:
Apply for a Chinese visa (the Canton Fair invitation letter may help you get a visa, but it all depends on the Chinese embassy in your country).
You can get the exhibition admission card for free in the fast track of registration.
Overseas buyers can apply to participate in the Canton Fair in the following ways:
1. BEST (Buyer Electronic Service Tool)
2. Contact China Foreign Trade Center Canton Fair Call Center
3. Contact the economic and commercial counselor’s office of the Chinese embassy in your area (economic and commercial office of the consulate general)
4. By contacting the overseas cooperation institutions of the China Foreign Trade Center
5. Contact Canton Fair Hong Kong Representative Office – (852)28771318
6. By contacting the Chinese foreign trade companies (enterprises) that have business dealings with you
Do I need a Chinese visa to participate in the Canton Fair?
If you are not from a country that has a visa-free policy with China, then you need to apply for a Chinese visa before departure. There are many types of visas, but the most common business travel visa is the Chinese business visa.
Here you can get Chinese visa:
1. Chinese embassy or consulate general in your country (foreign missions)
2. Local travel agency or visa agency
3. Commissioner’s Office of the Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Hong Kong. Website: http://www.fmcoprc.gov.hk/eng/fwxx/wgrqz/ Tel: 852-34132300 or 852-34132424 Email: email@example.com
4. 72/144 hours transit visa exemption policy
– The official invitation letter of the Canton Fair only lists the name, nationality and company name of the buyer. Usually, invitations from Chinese factories or foreign trade companies (enterprises) are more suitable for Chinese visa applications. Note that an invitation to the Canton Fair may help you get a Chinese visa, but it all depends on the Chinese embassy in your country.
– Buyers who need to leave mainland China to go to Hong Kong, Macau, and then return to Guangzhou must apply for a multiple-entry visa.
– If you have already flown to China without a Chinese visa, you can choose to fly to Hong Kong.
You can register when you arrive at one of these 3 Buyer Registration Offices below:
1. Registry established in cooperation with the hotel
2. Registration Office of Canton Fair Complex
Registration location of overseas buyers:
– The road opposite to the west side of Area A
– The road opposite to the east side of Area B
– Hall 16.1 Area C
3. Canton Fair Hong Kong representative office set up a registration office
Address: Room 3106-3107, Office Building, Convention Plaza, 1 Harbor Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Customer Service Hotline: (852) 2877 1318
Fax: (852) 2838 3169
III. How to search for exhibitors and products in each session of the Canton Fair?
The latest floor plan of the 133rd Canton Fair is here:
There will be 3 phases of the Canton Fair, and each phase will display different product categories.
Date: April 15-19
Product categories: electronics and home appliances, lighting, vehicles and accessories, machinery, hardware tools, building materials, chemical products, new energy.
Date: April 23-27
Product categories: daily consumer goods, gifts, home decorations.
Date: May 1-5
Product categories: textile and clothing, shoes, office bags and leisure products, medicine and health care, food.
For Canton Fair exhibitors and product information, please check the homepage of the Canton Fair official website: https://www.cantonfair.org.cn/exhibition. You can search by exhibitor or exhibit in the “Exhibitor + Product” column.
1. Search exhibitors
2. Direct search for exhibits
3. Virtual Pavilion
Click to enter the VR Exhibition Hall.
Click Building Materials, you can see the showrooms and factories of the corresponding exhibitors.
IV. Advantages and disadvantages of Canton Fair
Advantages of Canton Fair
1. It’s a huge trade fair
The event was held at the Canton Fair Complex in Guangzhou, China, covering an area of 1.1 million square meters. During each edition, more than 25,000 exhibitors and more than 200,000 visitors attend the trade fair. The range of exhibitors is wide and the area is huge, so the event is divided into three different stages, each showcasing different types of products.
2. It’s a foreigner-friendly trade show
Due to the large number of foreign buyers attending the fair, the organizers ensured that foreign visitors are facilitated. English-speaking volunteers and English-language signposts are provided to guide foreign visitors throughout the event center.
3. Exhibitions are a great way to build relationships with suppliers
Many businesses that source products from other countries feel that meeting them in person may be the best way to develop a strong rapport with them. Building a personal financial relationship plays an important role in cost negotiations, delivery schedules and product quality. Exhibitors can be met in person to negotiate prices and delivery terms, view samples of their work, and tour manufacturing units before closing a deal.
Disadvantages of Canton Fair
1. No detailed guide/magazine
As the largest trade show in China, there are no in-depth guides or magazines for each industry category or exhibitor list. In addition, the official Canton Fair website is complex and difficult to navigate, making it difficult for visitors to find information.
Although the show booths are divided into different categories such as electronics, furniture, lighting, homeware, etc., the booths in these categories are not allocated by product type, causing visitors to walk the entire area to find the products they are looking for.
3. Too many buyers
The Canton Fair attracts thousands of buyers from all over the world, your competitors in the local market may also be looking for the same suppliers, if the suppliers you choose also supply products to your competitors, it may affect your profit. Additionally, exhibitors at the show will target multiple buyers throughout the show. Their attention may be divided among multiple buyers, and you may be just another business card for them.
V. George Panel — Wall Panel Manufacturer
Since its founding, George Panel has worked on both residential and commercial renovation projects. We offer a range of goods, including ecological wood boards, Great Wall boards, suspended ceilings, grilles, sound-absorbing panels, and other green materials.
We have concentrated our efforts throughout the years on the R&D and manufacture of the panel business, giving the market the most cutting-edge, lightest, highest-quality, and most straightforward products. These items are appropriate for a range of uses, including but not limited to hotel ceilings, retail storefronts, showroom displays, interior and exterior design, and commercial buildings.
The fact that we offer free designs and samples to customers to enhance their shopping experiences is our greatest source of pride. We will assist you in finding the ideal product, whether you are a homeowner, designer, or engineer, and you will enjoy the purchasing process.
The Canton Fair is a gold mine for buyers and importers looking to source new products from China. If you already source products from China and want to build a financial relationship with your suppliers, you can attend this event and meet your suppliers or manufacturers.
Many suppliers and manufacturers from all over the country see it as an opportunity to launch new products. If you’re looking to source new products in your niche, trade shows are a great way to find new products and get an early edge.